For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Milky Mist. I will provide you with easy ready-to-go recipes for healthy meals!
Today, we are going to make steamed BROCCOLI SALAD.
Nutritious fact: Broccoli is very low in Saturated Fat and Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Protein, Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol), Thiamin, Riboflavin, Pantothenic Acid, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Selenium, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Folate, Potassium, and Manganese.
- 2 heads of broccoli (1.5 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon of crushed hot pepper (optional)
- 1.5 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of apple vinegar
- Thoroughly wash the broccoli in cold water to remove any dirt.
- Cut off the tough tip of the stem of each head of broccoli, then cut the heads lengthwise along the individual florets toward the steam and about 4 inch long.
- Place the broccoli trees into a pot and add 1/4 cup of water. Bring to a boil with the lid closed for 10 minutes over medium high heat.
- Open the lid, drain, and let it cool down for a few minutes.
- Sauce: combine the olive oil, salt, garlic, dried & crushed chili pepper, ground black pepper, and apple vinegar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the broccoli to the sauce and mix it all together.
- Serve warm or cold!
Easy! Thank you for cooking with me, and tune in again soon for more quick & healthy recipes!
P.S.: Skin Food offers an organic product made with broccoli! Remember, for each product you purchase from Skin Food, $1 will go to the Skin Cancer Foundation (SCF) for melanoma research. Visit our website here to purchase, or visit the Skin Food store near you!
DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT A REAL CAMPAIGN. THIS IS A PROJECT FOR MY ADVERTISING & SOCIAL MEDIA CLASS AT UNIVERSITY OF SAN FRANCISCO. I DO NOT WORK FOR SKIN FOOD.