It’s finally Autumn! Do you know what that means?
Therefore, today, we are going to make PUMPKIN PORRIDGE. So healthy & rich with flavor!
Nutritious fact: Pumpkins are low in Saturated Fat, and very low in Cholesterol and Sodium. They are also good sources of Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopheral), Thiamin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Iron, Magnesium, and Phosphorus, and very good sources of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Riboflavin, Potassium, Copper and Manganese.
- Sweet pumpkin
- Wash the exterior of the pumpkin, remove the seeds with a spoon, and cut pumpkin into pieces.
- Places the pieces of pumpkin in a large pot. Pour 3 cups of water, and bring to a boil over medium high heat for 30 minutes until the contents become soft.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool for about 15-20 minutes.
- When it’s cooled, scrape the cooked insides out with a spoon.
- Place 3 cups of the cooked pumpkin insides into a large pot and add 4 or 5 cups of water and boil.
- When the mixture of the pumpkin and water starts boiling, add a bit of flour for thickness, then stir the mixture with a wooden spoon and cook it for a few minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 cup of sugar and stir it for a few seconds before serving.
Done! Thank you for cooking with me, and tune in again soon for more quick & healthy recipes!
P.S.: Skin Food offers an organic product made with pumpkin! Remember, for each product you purchase from Skin Food, $1 will go to the Skin Cancer Foundation (SCF) for melanoma research. Visit our website here to purchase, or visit the Skin Food store near you!
DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT A REAL CAMPAIGN. THIS IS A PROJECT FOR MY ADVERTISING & SOCIAL MEDIA CLASS AT UNIVERSITY OF SAN FRANCISCO. I DO NOT WORK FOR SKIN FOOD.